Attention Grade 8 Applicants:
The application process for the 2024-2025 school year will open in the fall. Please check the Math, Science and Technology Program Website for updates, deadlines, and how to apply. The link includes information about all TDSB STEM programs and locations as the application process is now centralized at the school board level.
Please download and print the following document(s) about the MaCS Program.
MaCS Information Night Poster
MaCS Information Sheet
Note: Due to the new TDSB application process for all specialized programs the only opportunity to apply to the MaCS program is in grade 8 when applying for grade 9 entry. There is no application process for grade 10, 11, or 12 entry.
If you have any questions about the MaCS Program, please contact the MaCS coordinator and attend our MaCS Information Night.
If you have any questions about the new TDSB policy on the application process for specialized programs please visit the TDSB website. or click on the links below provided by the TDSB.
Information from the TDSB website below:
The Student Interest Programs Information Session, taking place on November TBD, 2023, will help students and families learn more about local programs, Facilitated Access to Skilled Trades programs, out-of-area admissions and applying to centralized programs and schools, including:
- Arts Focus Programs/Schools (elementary and secondary)
- CyberARTS Programs (elementary and secondary)
- Elite Athlete Programs (elementary and secondary)
- Integrated Technology School
- International Baccalaureate Programs
- Leadership Pathway Program
- Math, Science & Technology Programs
To further support students and families with the application process, central TDSB staff will be hosting three (3) Centralized Program Admissions Support Sessions to answer any questions that students or families may have when completing the Centralized Program Application. Live, online support will be available on the following dates:
- November TBD – 4:00pm – 5:30pm (LINK)
- November TBD- 7:00pm – 8:30pm (LINK)
- November TBD- 4:00pm – 5:30pm (LINK)
- Applications for central student interest programs (e.g. Arts-focus, International Baccalaureate) open on November TBD, 2023 and close on November TBD, 2023 at 4:00 p.m. Work is underway to connect with key staff to raise awareness and answer questions, widely promote programming to students and families across the Board starting in October, and improve application accessibility.
- The elementary central student interest programs and secondary central student interest programs websites have been refreshed and will continue to be updated over the coming weeks. On the sites, parents/guardians/caregivers and students can learn about each of the programs, review program and application requirements, get dates for upcoming open houses and webinars and all application timelines.
- A specific Choices magazine – Choices: Secondary Program Guide – outlining the programs, application requirements and timelines of central student interest programs, will be shared with all Grade 8 students by the start of November. The digital magazine will also be available for all students online.
- Students can only apply to 1 program starting in the 2023-2024 application process.
- If a student leaves a program after grade 9 then they must return to their home school based on their home address.
GRADE 8 TO 9 TRANSITION RESOURCES FOR FAMILIES
- To view the Secondary School Virtual Open Houses and Information Sessions, please visit https://www.tdsb.on.ca/OpenHouses
- For more information about transitioning from Grade 8 to 9 in the TDSB, please visit https://www.tdsb.on.ca/High-School/Going-to-High-School/Beyond-8
- For more information about the Centralized Student Interest Programs in the TDSB, please visit https://www.tdsb.on.ca/High-School/Going-to-High-School/Secondary-Centralized-Programs
- Student Interest Programs Information Session Flyer